Saturday, August 1, 2009

The house....

Day 31...

We'll be moving back into our house soon. It's hopefully going to happen in a few weeks.

Here are some houses in our neighborhood. They're pretty nice, as a general rule. There are a few hundred houses in Montibello, which is the name of the neighborhood.

On a few you'll notice that there are "for sale signs". They are just sitting there. Few are being purchased. And when they are being purchased, they are selling for less than before we left for India. Often, a good bit less.









Below is our home. It's got a few trucks out in front of it. Tara has engaged some workers on a few projects, quicker than I thought and with very little input from me. So it goes.

My back yard is a disaster, but what can you expect when it hasn't been loved ion two years?









As soon as I walked in, one of the workers (they are Romanian guys, their foreman George has done work with us before) tells me that our overflow pipe for our boiler was leaking underneath the house. He might as well have been saying it in Romanian, because I had no idea what he meant. But I did ask him to kill the water flow to the house, which involves turning some dial that is out by the street as I came to learn.

I took pictures of it.

I'll call the insurance guy Monday.






* * * *




^ This is our library. Soon to have wood floors.



^ My bookshelves, it hurts my heart to see them bare.



^ Paint is chipping on the window sill next to the front door.



^ The wood flooring, currently stored in our dining room. Soon we will have our table from Gupta Furniture (down past the Taj Banjara, across from Pizza Hut) in this room. I think we're the only people in Montibello with a table from Gupta Furniture.