Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wedding video



From the wedding.

It's hard to see, but the bride was brought up to the altar for the wedding in a wooden flower-covered box that was carried by a team of men. Very old-worldish, even ancient-worldish, to my eyes. She came out and was resplendent in her colors. You will see, if you look closely, that she is helped out by a male and a female relative.

When I did the panoramic view, you can see Tara in her sari. You will also see that the women sat on one side of the wedding and the men on the other. The women are the colorful ones, the men were all wearing white.

The thousands of people that attended are family. Family ties here are at the clan and caste level. One knows ones second and third cousins, and members are all over and in every direction. It is a much more elaborate system than we have in the west now.

Again, this was a great experience.

______________________________________

For those of you looking for a chuckle - check out my shoes.

They are what you wear with the outfit I bought - I promise. Yes, I concede they are a bit hilarious in their own right.