Saturday, February 23, 2008

Party

We had my official birthday party last night. We had about 35 of our friends over, and it was a great time. It was also fun to entertain a handful of fellow Bank associates here on an official visit. Bruce Lovvorn got off the plane from the US at about 1 am and 24 hours later he was on our porch asking everyone if they wanted another beer. The guy is inexhaustible!

We catered the event, and the group ended up doing a fine job.

It was a very memorable party. I believe my friend Kent took some pictures, so I will look for those soon and hopefully get them to you.

Such considerate people all around - I think between work, the family party and our extended party that about 100 people acknowledged my 40th. The number alone means nothing, but it serves to show that we have made really good connection in this amazing land, and I was sincerely touched by the kind gestures from all corners of our life here.

None of it would have happened had it not been for the planning and support of my love, thank you Tara!