Thursday, September 3, 2009

Work

Day 64...

Work has an amazing capacity to change. I left for India in 2007 and for the first few weeks it was pretty quiet. Then it got busier, then it got really busy and stayed that way for a long, long time.

Then, I left India and it got quiet again. Really, really quiet. For about two months.

Now I am in my new role. Within a few days, I started getting on e.mail distributions, plugging into bridgelines, attending staff meetings and generally getting involved in my new role.

Wow! I mean, a mere two weeks ago, many of these people didn't know me, or knew "of" me. Now, I am slammed. I actually had to take a later bus than usual, because I couldn't make the bus I wanted to - just too busy.

It's a nice feeling. I'll admit there was something a bit disconcerting about how quiet it got for a couple of months. Yes, I kept getting paid, but for essentially - repatriating.

Well, I guess that is how that works.