Sunday, September 13, 2009

Moving back

Hi, it's Liam, I hope everyone's doing well, I hope you'll take part in reading this piece I did on my prespective on the move back to the US.

India
1-One thing I enjoyed the most about India was that it was not suburban and boring like Charlotte, but that it was exotic, urban, and exciting. For example, I would see water buffalo and BMW's in the same area, just little things like that made the experience very interesting.
2-The one thing I loathed the most during my time in India was the lack of good infrastructure. For example, my house would suffer a power-cut in the middle of a sunny day for no reason, and I don't think I ever used my shower, due to it's lack of water or even hot water. Living in a third-world country was very difficult in this way, it's one thing I definitely don't miss in the least bit.

Charlotte
1 -Reflecting back on what you just read, you can probably conclude what I enjoy about being back in Charlotte and what I don't enjoy about being back in Charlotte. First, the infrastructure here is adequate, and I'm thankful for being able to take a long, hot shower. Second, the thing I don't enjoy is the boring atmosphere of this small, suburban metro. I overall am a big city person, and I prefer Hyderabad as my residence in the scenario of being here or there.