Monday, June 1, 2009

To tell the full truth....

In the spirit of full disclosure.....

I have looked back on some prior blog entries and realized that I have griped about being cut in front of in queues here in India. I won't apologize for any of that - I meant it. For that matter, there are no queues in India, only semi-circles that vacillate in shape and scale as people jockey for their own position.

With that said....

I'll admit that once or twice a month I get called up to the front of one of these semi-circles and served before people that have been waiting longer than I have. And I walk up with apologizing.


Is that wrong, or is it my chance for pay back?

I guess I know the answer to that one.... it's wrong. And it stems from how I look, which is also wrong. And I also know that I'll do it next time I am offered the chance. Which is also wrong.

Maybe I am also going native in ways that are not so good.