Monday, June 29, 2009

Paris



Paris is really a magnificent city. It's been exactly 20 years since I was last here, just a bit less for Tara.

The weather has been great and we have walked endlessly. Jonah booted in a brasserie while we were having dinner, I think we pushed him too hard. Tara reminded me he puked in Munich last year, the result of massive walking there, too. I think he was over-heated.

We spent the day at the Louvre, as well as going up to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Both were great. Since I was here, they have put Monna Lisa (yes, it has two "n"'s, something I did not know before this trip) behind some glass and it is now acceptable to take pictures. Couldn't do that when I came the first time.

We spent yesterday at Notre Dame and just walking to and fro. That was fantastic. I will say, Westminster Abbey remains the greatest church I have ever seen in Europe.... but Notre Dame is pretty great, as well.

Winding down the day now....

Flying to the US tomorrow. Mixed feelings, but I will say that we have truly enjoyed certain aspects of being outside of India. Standing in line at Notre Dame, The Louvre and Eiffel Tower was a pleasure, I was all smiles. Thousands of people just agreeing to stand in a queue..... nothing short of amazing.

We have pictures, but no computer on which to download them, so please be patient!

Onward!