Saturday, August 30, 2008

Goa

You won't hear me complain about Goa - it is a fantastic place, when it is sunny. I say that because my first trip to Goa was during a rainy time and that reduced the pleasure principle of Goa. But this time was fantastic. I stayed at the Taj Fort Aguada Resort, for any intrepid travelers who want a reference. A really nice place, despite the ubiquitous mildew that infests Goa.



^ On the way into Goa from the airport, we stopped for samosas and chai. I figured if I could eat this and had no issues, I was really broken in -- glad to report, no issues.



^ Beautiful snap.



^ Here I am with a few of the many Bank folks assembled for the weekend of sun, work and fun.



^ Check out the view from the resort - apparently a few years back a ship was stranded right off of the coast and they aren't sure what to do with it. It is just sitting there, adding to the ambience and mystery that is Goa.



^ On the way home from the airport, I took a photo of a bunch of guys driving a Ganesh statue around. Wednesday begins the Ganesh Chaturti festivities, which culminate in Ganesh statues being immersed in bodies of water.