Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tara's angst in context



Ok, it's Byl. A little detail. I called Tara from Mumbai (my home away from home) and asked why she had such a tense entry on the blog. She said she had two power outages during the act of typing about a pulled muscle, and kept having to retype it. I gave her a pep talk about the blog, and how it is supposed to be a nice way of keeping friends and family updated........ So, then I find one of her earlier blog entry attempts auto-saved when I logged on today. It is below. Much nicer......

Yes, I did pull a muscle. Who does that?

I really did enjoy it and am really excited to continue with this. I just need a couple of days though. I can't believe I have lived in India for over eight months and have just started this. They put a lot of emphasis on meditation. And I still pulled a muscle.

I gave Tara my thoughts on yoga having a side that emphasizes stuff I think of as metaphysically unhealthy...... she laughed and said, "You know me, I never pay attention to that kind of thing. I am there for the stretching and exercise." She is truly an amazing creature.