Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hinduism is being marketed

Take a look at this. We were at the super market and I bought a box of cereal that we really didn't want simply because the box had a Krishna on it.

Krishna is a Hindu god that is known for pranks. And, apparently, his ability to sell chocolate cereal! Who knew?

I could not believe that when I saw it. Too funny!



This is a picture of Hanuman, a monkey god of the Hindus. He is very often depicted as a small boy/monkey god now. A young guy that sits near to me at work has such a baby Hanuman sticker on his computer.



There is a cartoon called "My Friend Ganesha", about a boy and his friend the elephant god.



Hinduism is being marketed. It's a real surprise to me. I guess India's conversion to a modern, capitalistic state is complete!