Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A walk to a cup o' joe.....

The following is what I experienced while walking out in the morning for a cup of coffee. Because I keep different hours here, I have learned how nice it can be to have a great deal of time to yourself in the morning. In the US I was up and out at the crack of dawn. I like this better.

So, I began my intrepid journey in search of coffee.......



^ There was a smoking pile of debris being burned down the street. And you can see how they are chipping away at the boulders in the interest of getting construction materials. Look closely.



^ Someone built a fence around a reclining tree. Very Indian. In harmony with nature.






^ Then I walked past a hut built from palm fronds. I got closer and noticed that it was named The Alpha School.

No, I am not sure....



^ I saw a big house with a servants' hut in the front on Road Number 22.



^ Finally, I arrive at Barista!



^ And the culmination of my journey - not a single blueberry was found in my blueberry muffin! Truly, not a single one. Just some blueberry syrup stuff around the edges. But the coffee was hot and good and energizing.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~


^ On another note, Jonah has found a culture where the type of clothes he likes to wear are appropriate for boys. What a bonus. These are pyjama bottoms with kurtha top.



^ Liam remains a difficult child to raise..... but we love him in spite of it all.