Saturday, May 30, 2009

Party

Tonight is our party, our own "going away" event. The social calendar is packed at this point with nary an evening free. So many folks leaving - some for good, some for the summer.

As I walked down to get some seltzer and mangoes (we will be serving mangotinis) I thought it would be fun to get some photos.



^ Off to the shops across from the neighborhood.



^ The Place That Has Chilled Seltzer Water.



^ Mera dost jo aam bech raha hai - my friend the mango seller. I now have used Telugu sprinkled in with my Hindi to have a basic mango-buying conversation.



^ As I was walking back to my house, this guy was walking his buffaloes back to his house.



^ A closer look.



^ A present from the buffaloes. This will slowly end up in the car tires of all of us until it is but a dusty, brown patch of asphalt. Liam stepped in one of these while walking home from the bus stop. Imagine how well that went.... ;-)



^ More buffaloes were in the field near the neighborhood. I spooked one of them pretty badly, he turned and bolted. You can see him in motion.



^ Look at him in the background. He was grunting something like "One more step and you die."

If we forgot to invite anyone to the party, please come. It seems we covered it all, but all are welcome. Plot #37, 7:30 pm.