Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day of school

School started today.....



Jonah is at a great stage of life. He starts to think about Christmas in July. He fell asleep last night in full elf regalia. And if we have a son who can look like an elf, he is it.



Liam started the day with a healthy dose of angst. We think that we remember the age of fourteen being tough - he seems to validate our memories.



Here is Mohli opening the gate for us, as often featured in my writing. Check out my love - she is really going native.



The littler ones, perfectly excited about school starting......



I requested them to turn toward me for another snap -



- part of the rationale for that camera angle was to juxtapose them to the migrant worker woman starting her morning fire. The "untouchable village", as I named it earlier (perhaps incorrectly) has spread out onto the street. A man and woman have created a home at the base of a tree on Road 23.