Monday, February 16, 2009

Saturday in the ICRISAT Park

This past Saturday at ICRISAT there was a fun picnic. It was a great time for all. Here are some snaps my friend Theo took of some activities. My digital camera is on its way from the US, so I am depending on the kindness of others for pictures.




^ The first event was when the men were made to dress up in a sari and race with a water pot on their head. It was a fun race and I think I did well. And it gave Tara and all of the other wives a good chance to emasculate their husbands in public, which is always a treat. ;-)



^ Then we took part in a contest where you had to swing a coconut from your body and move a second coconuts across a finish line. Tara won the women's competition.





^ I didn't do well in my race, but I did make some progress walking on coconuts.