Friday, July 11, 2008

Asia is Following Us



Now, to understand the irony of the following event, you must have some understanding of Vermont. Located in northern New England, it is a state with only 700,000 people. Yes, that is it. 99.8% of them are white, some from comfortable lives who summer there, but most of the people are those who wrestle a living from the land, or engines, or plow snow for a living. You get the picture. Great place, alot of wilderness, salt-of-the-earth people. Almost paradise.

Then you must understand my family's porch. For the last 26 years we have seen many different things on the lake from that porch. We have seen many bats, birds, muskrats, boaters of all sorts, kayakers (this has boomed in recent years, a great thing to see), motor boaters (inboard and outboard, old and new), ski-dooers (it is fun despite the fact it is obnoxious), swimmers and a huge variety of fishermen.

But, I guess it took moving to India to produce a Chinese junk on Lake Bomoseen.

It's almost like Asia is following us.



^ We saw a strange boat from a distance.



^ I jumped into our kayak with my camera.




^ I got a bit of a closer snapshot. It was a small Chinese junk! Why?? How??



^ Then I was greeted by my love from the porch.

Now, why was there some guy on a small replica of a Chinese junk on Lake Bomoseen? We may never know.

We love stuff like that.