Saturday, September 13, 2008

Again

There was a bombing in Delhi this evening. This has become very regular, with bombings in Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Jaipur and Delhi since we have moved here. To say nothing on the ongoing troubles in Kashmir and ongoing violence in Sri Lanka.

We feel so safe in India, as the general aggression amongst the people here is so low, less than in the US. But there is a bad element here.

I wrote a recent essay on the peace that can be enjoyed between people of different faiths, and I also wrote a note acknowledging the arrival of 9/11, and what a sad day that was. Then this happened and a bit of my good will faded, and some of the feelings I had on 9/11 resurfaced for a bit. The good feelings will be back, but Tara and I are troubled deeply by this. So very sad.

A jihad group claimed responsibility.

It's a tragic thing.

Pray for the lost, if you pray.