Sunday, March 16, 2008

Malibu




Malibu beach is where I went today. It was pretty neat. It is very cold here, and the winds are extremely high. So, I was sand-blasted as I walked down Malibu Beach. It was virtually empty. Everyone is apparently more intelligent than am I.

The US is also very clean. And orderly. And run by the corporations. And people are larger than they should be. It is just as I remember it. It does look odd after eight months in Hyderabad.

I have been taken aback by how significantly different Hyderabad and Los Angeles are. I think you could probably go across a greater divide (let's say Varanasi and Topeka), but this has been a pretty big one.

So many ideas rush through one's mind - but it's ok. No need to have all of the answers. It has simply been incredibly enriching to have been exposed such an array of things in life. I know Tara feels the same.

Hopefully the boys will reflect back on these years as what they are - a very expansive endeavor.



^Hyderabad elementary school



^ Los Angeles elementary school in Thousand Oaks, where I am

I went to Calvary Church for Palm Sunday. It was nice.

Happy Palm Sunday to all....